Limited Warranty Policy
AKUA MOBILE warrants that their Cell Phones will be free from defects in material and workmanship and grants a warranty period of one (1) year for the handset and six (6) months for the accessories which are part of the original package, including the battery. The warranty period begins with the purchase date by the End-User who shall present an invoice or a purchase receipt when requiring warranty service. During the warranty period, AKUA MOBILE and their Authorized Service Centers will repair the product without cost to the Customer if the product presents a manufacture defect or workmanship defect during the warranty period and when the defect occurs under normal conditions of use, provided that the customer has followed the instructions and specifications stated in the User’s manual. AKUA MOBILE reserves the right to repair or replace the product with another of the same characteristics and AKUA MOBILE could use new or reconditioned parts during the repair process.
Warranty service and technical support
AKUA MOBILE provides local warranty service and technical support through its regional network of authorized service centers.
Please contact your Authorized Service Center or visit our webpage: www.akuamobile.com and look for the Customer Support section to get additional information.
The following situations are not covered by this Limited Warranty:
1. If the customer does not present an invoice or receipt of purchase when requiring warranty service.
2. If the warranty is expired (the customer can ask the service center for an out-of-warranty repair service).
3. If the IMEI, serial number or warranty seals of the product have been altered or removed.
4. If the product shows evidence of abuse, misuse, neglect or any different use as specified in the User’s manual.
5. The product presented problems caused by third-party software, unauthorized software or virus.
6. If the product presents modifications, installations or configurations not authorized by AKUA MOBILE.
7. If the product presents problems or damages caused when was transported by customer.
8. If the product is reported as stolen o blocked by a telephone service provider.
9. If the problem is caused by accidents such as fires, voltage fluctuations, chemical exposure, moisture, spill of food or liquid, sand or any element or condition outside of the products specifications.
10. If the problem is caused by natural disasters such as storms, earthquakes, floods or extreme environmental conditions.
11. If the problem is related to cosmetic defects caused by normal use, sun exposure, dings or scratches or any cosmetic defect or assembly defects that are not from manufacture.
12. If the product is used in a telephone network different from those approved by telephone service provider.
AKUA MOBILE is not responsible for the operation of the telephone network, such as the provider’s signal stability, signal coverage or any other service offered by the telephone service provider.
AKUA MOBILE is not responsible for the performance of Android, such as software errors or software failures related to this platform. Consequently AKUA MOBILE does not provide technical support for Android software neither is responsible for any Android software or Android-based software, or any other third-party software downloaded or installed by customer.
During the warranty service period, AKUA MOBILE and its Authorized Service Centers may repair the product using new or refurbished parts. Those defective and replaced parts will become the property of AKUA MOBILE.
AKUA MOBILE and its Authorized Service Centers reserve the right to refuse a warranty if the product does not comply with the terms and conditions set forth in this Limited Warranty. In this case, the customer will receive a repair quotation and freely choose to repair the product, otherwise the product will be returned to the customer in the same conditions as it was received by Service Center.
NOTE: Prior to shipping any product(s) under warranty to AKUA MOBILE, please back up the data from your device and remove any detachable storage media. AKUA MOBILE does not accept liability for lost data, pictures or applications stored in the product.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. AKUA MOBILE’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. AKUA MOBILE DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST DATA OR SOFTWARE. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The terms and conditions of the Limited Warranty are subject to changes without previous notice. Please visit the AKUA MOBILE website at www.akuamobile.com for updated information regarding this warranty policy.